Episode 10 Surprise!! Show Notes
My mother hates surprises, and hates being put on the spot. I did both in this episode. Of course, I had to ask her if I could give her a surprise prompt on camera. I thought it would be fun to talk about a topic completely live, as we do with our clients. The prompt was in the beginning of us working together, I behaved in a grumpy way a lot of times. If we were going to keep working together, we couldn’t continue going down this path. Something had to change, mostly me.
- We called my lashing out “My Grumpy” and it was happening whenever I was given something I didn’t know how to do, which was often.
- When we started working together, we really didn’t know what it was going to look like or what my role was going to be.
- We both had our own noise about My job, how were we going to justify my salary?
- I realized I couldn’t keep lashing out every time a project was given to me, Lynn was not going to continue giving projects to me if I kept responding in such a negative way and then the question would arise of what am I doing here?
- I started shutting my mouth and just got grumpy more inwardly until finally, the grumpy mostly went away all together.
- I started reflecting on my past behaviors about previous jobs and I felt like I was standing up for myself and justified.
- As I gained confidence in my abilities to learn and execute tasks, I stopped getting grumpy. I am much more comfortable saying “I Don’t know what you are talking about but I know I can go figure it out.”
- If Lynn had started taking my behaviors personally, we would have gone down a much different road.
- One thing we always came back to and why we were able to move on is we have the same shared goals and intentions.
- Because Lynn responded and we were able to continue communicating, I was able to sort some things out for myself in a safe place.
- If she had responded in kind, which she was totally justified in doing so, our road would have been much different.
- We trust each other and we have a joint purpose so we figure out how to make this work.
- Moving forward in this podcast, we are going to go deeper into our history and our journey of how we are able to get through these things.