Ep. 6 Trent Nelson Cranfield Interview Show Notes
Trent runs two businesses in Australia but he was able to leave both businesses for the summer to come and train and coach in America. His two businesses were still running, but without him. Learn how he was able to let go of his perfectionist tendencies and trust his people to continue on without him so he could go enjoy doing the things he wanted to do in life.
- When Trent coaches, his ability to use different terms that the individual understands makes him a great coach.
- Saying the same words, only louder, doesn’t work when coaching/training someone.
- Some people perform better under pressure, others don’t, it’s always good to understand how some individuals responds to pressure and work with them instead of against them.
- He had to let go and allow other people to take responsibility of themselves and his business
- Communication, trust, and faith are the things he has learned he has to have in order to be successful at letting go.
- To let the perfectionist side of himself go, he had to want to do something more with your life than be a perfectionist.
- He is very clear with what he wanted his life to look like, and then how he was going to be able to achieve his vision for his life was a lot easier.
- He didn’t do as well as he wanted but he was taught from a young age to be defeated graciously.
- Being a good sportsman is important
- He could feel a shift where something was different right before his pass, and he is working on breaking down what that feeling was.